Just had a chance to watch Elisabeth the musical (in Korean) yesterday… Yeah i knew it’s gonna be performed in Korean, but still, really wanted to watch this musical. ^^
Date : 12.02.19
– Elisabeth : Ock JooHyun (옥주현)
– The Death (Der Tod) : Kim JunSu (김준수)
– Lucheni : Kim SuYong (김수용)
– Joseph : Yoon YoungSeok (윤영석)
– Sophie : Lee TaeWon(이태원)
– Rudolf : Kim SeungDae(김승대)
Two main reasons for watching it
1. Digging back the memories of Austria, especially in Schönbrunn Palace.
2. The main lead for Queen Elisabeth. Which I’ve watched through one of TV show and impressed with her voice, especially after watching this song.
Anyway, back to the story 🙂 Pretty surprise there were lot of foreigners that day, probably because of the main cast for Tod (the death) is Junsu…which I just knew from this performance.
And just figured out that there are some tour packages to watch this musical as well, because it’s said as one of the best musical for this year. Pretty lucky that I have a chance to watch it while I’m here.
Because I knew the story a bit, so I decided to read the synopsis before watching it.
My impression after watching it…. AWESOME…
It was beyond my expectation ^^. The cast, the stage, the music, the costume, the voice. It was cool~~~ (especially for the Elisabeth ^^ I really love her clear voice!, of course others casts were great also.) I hope there’ll be recording for this…
Take a look video below
I can say it’s one of the best musical that I’ve watched ever. N have to confess the songs are still ringing in my head even after the show…
Really recommended to watch it 🙂
Official site for Das Musical Elisabeth in Korea (KR/EN/JP) : http://www.musicalelisabeth.com/main.php
One more interesting part is fans support is represented through donating rice (to i don’t know).. looks unique : )